Welcome to Mike Rich Photography. Here are 10 things you should know about me:
1. Born in Arkansas. Raised in Ohio. Moved to Chicago for 11 incredible years. Returned home in 2013 and couldn't be happier.
2. Happily married to my best friend (that lovely lady in the picture) since 2003. We are proud parents to a poodle named Willow.
3. I have four bicycles. They are all necessary.
4. I love coffee + sandwiches.
5. I have been a photographer for 20+ years but I'm also an art director, graphic designer, illustrator, editor and problem solver.
6. I was the Creative Director at the Chicago Tribune's RedEye publication from 2008 - 2013. My team worked closely with movie stars, musicians, professional athletes and politicians. Diane Lane touched my shoulder once. That was nice. John Malkovich might have stolen a piece of my soul for his collection. Jesse Eisenberg will play paper football for a picture if you ask nicely. Chief Keef loves chicken alfredo. I should know, I delivered it to him at his grandma's house.
7. I'm good under pressure. I am flexible and I have the ability to make the best of every situation.
8. I will make sure you feel beautiful, natural and comfortable in our time together. Unless you're a model or a movies star, being in front of a camera can feel somewhat awkward. It's my job to create images that capture the real you.
9. I love photography and the creative process. From the time we first meet until I deliver your wedding day story, I promise to work hard, work smart and give you my full attention to ensure we create incredible, memorable images that you will treasure for the rest of your life.
10. I'm so impressed you made it the end! Send me a message and let's start making plans for your wedding day story.